Sound Planning’s noise assessment consultants providing acoustic consultancy services in London, South East and the UK.
Our noise consultants are full members of the Institute of Acoustics (M.I.O.A).
For all noise assessments we use Type 1 Sound Level Meters and Accelerometers – UKAS calibrated for the highest accuracy required for environmental noise monitoring & vibration measurements.
We are experienced in liaison with Local Planning Authorities and Environmental Health Teams improving the likelihood of a successful resolution to the noise problem.
Full scientific acoustic reports issued for all noise assessments:
- Industrial Noise Affecting Residential Dwellings (BS 4142: 1997)
- New Dwellings Brought to Noise (PPG24/National Planning Policy Framework 2012)
- Noise Insulation Scheme Design (BS 8233: 2014)
- Noise at Work (Noise at Work Regulations)
- Sound Insulation Tests (Building Regulations ADE 2000)
- Sound Insulation – Site Visits/Specification/Reports
- Noise & Vibration Assessments (BS 6472)
- Plant Room and Enclosure Design (Acoustic Enclosures)
- Entertainment Noise (IOA/DEFRA/NPPF/WHO 2000)
Please contact our offices with your requirements and we will provide a quotation for our services.
Sound Planning has experience with the following London local authorities:
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Hammersmith and Fulham
- Tower Hamlets
- City of London
- Richmond upon Thames
- Kingston upon Thames
- Waltham Forest
Sound Planning conducts vibration assessments using tri-axial accelerometers; measuring vibration levels against relevant British Standards:
BS 6472 – Human response to vibration
BS 7385 – Building response to vibration
Equipment assesses vibration levels in one third octave bands (or narrow band if required) in order to accurately assess problem frequencies.
A vibration assessment is usually required by local planning authorities when new buildings are to be constructed near existing railway lines.
Vibration mitigation measures may be required and are included in Sound Planning’s mitigation strategies.
Sound Planning Limited – Farnham, Surrey, Greater London.
Tel: 01252 711972